An Invitation from the Waseca Marching Classic.
Due to COVID-19, the Classic Committee regretfully CANCELED the 33rd Annual Waseca Marching Classic scheduled for September 19, 2020. With many high school band festivals canceled, many bands have been left with limited options to perform.
In response to these cancelations and the effect it is having on schools and marching bands throughout Minnesota and surrounding states, the Classic Committee is hosting a virtual event.
We want to give your band an opportunity to perform and receive an educational constructive commentary from six judges of the TriState Judging Association.
Our event timeline and requirements from bands:
• Online registration by Wednesday, September 2, 2020. The first sixteen (16) bands to register will be accepted. THERE WILL BE NO ENTRANCE FEE.
• Once registration is closed, additional information will be requested for live streamed band introductions.
• Submit a digital video recording of your band performance in Parade or Field to our videographer by September 19, 2020. Maximum Length of Performance: Field - 12 minutes, Parade - 4 1/2 minutes.
* Band Videographer Details:
o Position - Stationary Vantage Point that captures the entire performance
o Continuous recording - Zooming in on featured performers is allowed.
o Parade - On a ladder or platform 80 yards in on the right side.
o Field - Press Box or equivalent.
• During the week of September 21, 2020, the judging team will critique each band performance in six captions: Guard, Percussion, Music General Effect, Music Execution, Visual General Effect, and Marching Execution. Since this is not a competition no places will be awarded. Recordings and sheets will be sent directly to each band director.
• By October 1, 2020: Our goal is to assemble a live stream event of all bands performing with band introductions and make it available to all participating bands. This streaming service will be FREE OF CHARGE to the public. Students, parents, family members, and friends, no matter where they live, can view. For many this may be the only chance they will have to see bands perform this fall. You will be notified and provided a link to the live stream event as soon as it is complete.
To register: https://forms.gle/bVJvn2XbnaqbDeoJ8
Six judges from the TriState Judging Association will provide educational constructive commentaries in parade or field directly to band directors.
The six captions critiqued are: Guard, Percussion, Music General Effect, Music Execution, Visual General Effect, and Marching Execution. Since this is not a competition no places will be awarded.