Mount Vernon Moutaineer Marching Festival 2017
October 10th , 2017
• MVMMF is to be an educational, informative and primarily evaluative festival. The primary goal is for you and your students to receive quality comments and less about competition.
• This is an event for field shows, however, the Apple Butter Makin’ Days Parade is the Saturday following our festival. Please feel free to join that!
• Invoices will be out Wed. 8-30-17. All invoices must be paid before step-off. ( Short notice but that is the name of the game right now.)
• This event is (Will be) MSHSAA sanctioned and all schools will be classified by school size according to MSHSAA Official School Enrollment Information.
o Class 5- 1251 and higher
o Class 4 – 604-1250
o Class 3 – 292-603
o Class 2 – 133-291
o Class 1 – 1-132
• Judges are experienced high school and college/university directors.
• Food and drink will be available to directors in the hospitality room.
• There will be a concession stand open with a variety of items available at Mt’neer Stadium. This is a major portion of our income for this event and will help offset judging and award costs. Additional restaurants, if needed are located on the business loop. (Please help us get this established with a solid income from concessions.)
• Parking for buses will be assigned and is at a premium. We will reserve the circle drive and part of the student lot for Auxiliary vehicle parking. (Trailers…) We have 30 buses, 36 auxiliary vehicles and 736 band students arriving. Tailgating will be at a premium this time. A parking map will come out at a later time.
• Bands will receive a recording with comments from all judges in all events and written scoring.
• We will charge a five-dollar admission fee to the field competition for each attendee. Passes for band directors, drivers, administrators and your spouse will be in a check-in packet in our front gate.
• Trophies will be presented to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each division. (Where applicable.)
• Rating trophies will be presented to participating bands that do not place.
• Caption trophies will be awarded for Drum Major, Percussion, Auxiliary, Music, G.E.
• Each band has a twenty minute slot in which to set up all props, enter the field, perform and exit the field.
• We have a warm-up area to do a light playing warm up. There will be no markings on that field for marching.
• CHANGE: ALL BANDS MAY MOVE THEIR OWN TRAILERS PROVIDED THEY HAVE TURF TIRES......
• If you have special needs concerning towing, please let me know ASAP in order to work out the kinks.
• We will have our sound system available on the field with multiple options for sound (barring rain) as well as an extension cord and a power strip.
• We will have Music Performance, General Effect, Visual performance (marching, movement) Auxiliary and Percussion captions.
• Following your performance you will receive a clinic with video for you and your staff as well as your band if so desired.
o We will have a short questionnaire to help our clinicians with the direction of your program, your show, point in the season, any areas of concern etc. ?
Thank you for coming! We will do our utmost to make sure the day is successful and rewarding for all students and directors!
If I missed anything, please ask. I will send some more information out in a week or so after we do some additional planning and reorganization. Thanks for coming and I’m looking forward to hearing some great groups!
Keith Reuther - Lebanon, MO
Troy Petersen - Springfield, MO
Dr. Craig Fuchs - Pittsburg, KS
Jim Clanton - Pittsburg, KS - Percussion
Julie Swope- Columbia, MO - Auxiliary
Clinicians: Melissia Goff - Springfield, MO, Rob Springer - Aurora, MO, Becky Long - St. Louis MO,